Maintenance and project delays frustrate board members

Some local board members are fed up as community maintenance and funded projects continue to fall by the wayside. Long standing board member Adele White...

Tenants sour over Highland Park plans

At least two retailers at Highland Park Shopping Centre are seeking legal advice over redevelopment plans which will likely see them surrender their leases...

Four make Queen’s Birthday Honours list

Four locals have been recognised in the Queen’s Birthday Honours. Kirsten Hellier, a sports coach, of Howick has been made an Officer of the New...

A Tribute to Dick Quax

Instead of my usual column today, I wanted to give a few thoughts and reflections on our local Councillor Dick Quax, who passed away...

Frustrated boaties want new pontoons

Frustration is mounting as boaties spend another week without the pontoons down at Half Moon Bay. The pontoons were damaged beyond repair during the January...

Pillars cherishes royal wedding gift

The timing couldn’t have been better. A phone call from the Prime Minister’s office asking if Pillars, a charity for children of prisoners, would accept...

Running great Dick Quax dies

* UPDATED Olympian Dick Quax has died after long and courageous battle with cancer. Quax, 70, an Auckland councillor of Pakuranga, won a silver medal in the...

Government commits to higher fuel prices

By refusing to back down on new and increased fuel taxes, the Government is committing New Zealanders to higher fuel prices, says National Party...

A mighty 102nd birthday celebration

Eating a bowl of porridge every morning is how Rhys Runciman says I will make it to 102-years-old - the same age he turned...

Simeon signs on as patrol patron

They’re the unsung heroes of our community - and they want you to join them. You may have spotted Community Patrol cars or their shirts...

LOCAL FORECAST

Howick
moderate rain
17.5 ° C
17.8 °
16.7 °
72 %
5.1kmh
24 %
Mon
17 °
Tue