Ministry of Health Covid-19 update
September 17, 2020
There are seven new cases of Covid-19 to report in New Zealand today, all detected in recent returnees in a managed isolation facility. There are no new community cases.
With the exception of one arrival from Uzbekistan, all new cases were detected as a result of day 3 testing and are now in quarantine. They are:
· a woman in her 30s who arrived from the United States on September 12 and was in managed isolation in Wellington.
· a man in his 60s who arrived from India on September 12 and was in managed isolation in Auckland.
· a man in his 30s who arrived from India on September 12 and was in managed isolation in Auckland.
· a woman in her 20s who arrived from India on September 12 and was in managed isolation in Auckland.
· a man in his 40s who arrived from Indonesia on September 12 and was in managed isolation in Christchurch.
· a child aged between 1 and 4 years who arrived from India on September 12 and was in managed isolation in Auckland.
· a woman in her 50s who arrived from Uzbekistan on September 14. She was tested in Auckland after appearing symptomatic.
Today there are four people in hospital with Covid-19 – one each at Auckland City and North Shore hospitals and two in Middlemore. All are in isolation on a ward. There are no cases in ICU.
There are 54 people linked to the community cluster who remain in the Auckland quarantine facility, which includes 23 people who have tested positive for Covid-19 and their household contacts.
Since August 11, our contact tracing team has identified 4043 close contacts of cases, of which 4036 have been contacted and are self-isolating and we are in the process of contacting the rest.
With today’s new cases and 9 additional recovered cases, our total number of active cases is 77.
Of those, 33 are imported cases in MIQ facilities and 44 are community cases.
Our total number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 is now 1458, which is the number we report to the World Health Organization.
Yesterday our laboratories processed 8185 tests, bringing the total number of tests completed to date to 889,717.
NZ Covid Tracer
There are now 2,228,300 users registered on NZ Covid Tracer.
The app has recorded a total of 62,533,146 poster scans, and users have created 2,984,321 manual diary entries in NZ Covid Tracer.