The Soap Factory
Stores person – Hands on – Sole charge
Our store person John is retiring. We don’t want to see him go but he is leaving us to enjoy his retirement, so we need to replace him.
We are a small manufacturing company based in Pakuranga, a private NZ company with ambitions.
We are in no immediate rush to fill the position but we are desperate for the right person as the fit is important to our team.
The job will suit someone who is flexible, customer focused with the ability to self-manage, loves dealing with internal and external people has a can-do attitude, someone who can multi-task and not get flustered with interruptions from the likes of production staff, deliveries, pickups, whilst keeping the stores running smoothly and dispatching our goods to customers.
Initial hand over with the incumbent to learn the systems will be arranged over a few weeks along with time spent with the rest of the team
Make no mistake this is a hands-on role, sole charge, you are a small team of one.
Main areas of responsibility
- To manage both inward and outward stock movement whilst maintaining the accuracy and integrity of our 2 warehouses inventory records including all associated documentation and recording keeping.
- Working closely with Production Manager to ensure orders are despatched promptly and deadline dates are met
- To develop and maintain a professional relationship with third-party carriers, courier companies, and freight forwarders. Online bookings for couriers and freight forwarders
- Purchasing of some bulk materials and pallets.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilization.
Hours of work 7 am to 3.30 pm Monday to Friday
Hourly pay, paid weekly
- 2-3 + yrs previous warehouse experience preferred
- Exposure and understanding of lean manufacturing a bonus
- Current and clean fork hoist license
- Good communication, organizational, time management and mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Good understanding of inventory processes, data entry, and computer skills
- Physically fit and able to lift 25kgs
- Must be computer literate
- Preferably your own reliable transport
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language
If this is you or you need to know more, please send us your CV in the first instance and let’s see if it’s a match.