I trust Easter brought whatever you desired – perhaps some rest and relaxation, family fun, a time to get the garden in shape, a lot of chocolate, or some quiet contemplation.
Our operational maintenance team has been getting our place in shape!
- Considerable work was done to tidy up a very neglected walkway in the Half Moon Bay area. It appeared this location was not listed in the asset management system, therefore was not part of a regular maintenance schedule. This has been remedied and will be checked regularly.
- The much-loved “Snakes and Ladders” playground at Bramley Reserve was found to be in the same situation and was overgrown with vegetation. The steps and play area have now been remediated and are looking smart with a good “haircut” and new mulch. This area is well used and will receive regular audits to ensure it does not slip below standard.
- Users of the Howick Leisure Centre will notice the line markings and directional arrows in the carpark have been freshly repainted.
- New seismic bracing has been installed on the heating and ventilation ducts at the Lloyd Elsmore Pool and Leisure Centre to meet Auckland Council’s high health and safety standards.
- Arboriculture works continue throughout Howick ward focussing on park tree maintenance and care of juvenile street trees. A particularly tricky job was undertaken in Pandora Place Pakuranga to remove several large dead macrocarpa trees that posed a health and safety threat. The works included sectional felling and rigging over fences and private property
Welcome Ormiston Town Centre!
Howick Local Board members were privileged and thrilled to attend the official opening of the brand new Ormiston Town Centre on March 25. It is wonderful that residents of Flat Bush/Ormiston will now have a hub where they can meet, shop and socialise in their neighbourhood. We welcome Ormiston Town Centre to the Howick ward.
Pick it up!
It is disappointing to have heard from a number of residents that dog owners are not picking up their dog’s faeces whilst out walking. Please show respect for other users of our pathways, parks, and beaches by doing what you are obliged to do.
A big thank you
To those who took the time to provide Auckland Council with feedback on the Long-Term Plan – online, in writing and in person.
Chairperson, Howick Local Board