Pakuranga United Rugby Club player Dalton Papali’i (ex Saint Kentigern College) will start for the Blues on the left flank in their Super Rugby clash against the Jaguares at Eden Park on Saturday.
- Training injury suffered by Jimmy Tupou, ruling him out of Saturday’s match
- Halfback Augustine Pulu returns to come off the bench
- Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Josh Goodhue, Dan Kirkpatrick and Kara Pryor return from injuries.
- Debut start for Tumua Manu on the wing
- Potential debuts for Blues A team lock Lyndon Dunshea and London-born Bay of Plenty back Terrence Hepetema (who has been with the Highlanders).
The team is:
1. Pauliasi Manu, 2. James Parsons ©, 3. Sione Mafileo, 4. Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 5. Josh Goodhue, 6. Dalton Papalii, 7. Kara Pryor, 8. Akira Ioane; 9. Jonathan Ruru, 10. Stephen Perofeta, 11. Tumua Manu, 12. Rieko Ioane, 13. Orbyn Leger, 14. Jordan Hyland, 15. Matt Duffie.
Replacements: 16. Leni Apisai, 17 Ross Wright, 18 Mike Tamoaieta, 19 Ben Nee-Nee, 20 Lyndon Dunshea, 21 Augustine Pulu, 22 Dan Kirkpatrick, 23 Terrence Hepetema
Injured players: Otere Black (knee – season), Blake Gibson (shoulder), Glenn Preston (groin, season), Sonny Bill Williams (wrist), Alex Hodgman (wrist), Scott Scrafton (leg – season), Melani Nanai (ankle), Matt Johnson (surgery – season), Jerome Kaino (hamstring), George Moala (chest – season), TJ Faiane (ankle), Tamati Tua (hand), Caleb Clarke (appendicitis), Michael Collins (hand), Ofa Tuungafasi (knee), Patrick Tuipulotu (illness), Jimmy Tupou (knee).