15 mins prep + 10 mins cooking
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup char siu sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 12 medium-sized pork ribs
- 1 bunch red radishes, scrubbed, sliced
- 1/2 large green cabbage, shredded
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, plus wedges to serve
1. Combine tomato sauce, char siu sauce, garlic, brown sugar, vinegar, paprika and cumin in a jug. Pour half into a large shallow glass dish and reserve the rest for later. Add pork ribs to marinade in glass dish; turn to coat. Cover with plastic food wrap and chill for 30 minutes. Drain marinade from pork and discard.
2. To make the coleslaw, combine radish, cabbage, spring onion and carrot in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and lemon juice together. Season. Drizzle dressing over coleslaw.
3. Preheat a barbecue grill to high. Add pork ribs and cook, brushing with reserved sauce mixture occasionally, for 5 minutes each side or until browned and cooked.
4. Transfer to a heat-proof plate. Cover with foil. Rest for 5 minutes and serve with coleslaw and lemon wedges.
- Recipe courtesy shop.countdown.co.nz
The Times has $20 Countdown gift cards to give away! Enter below: